Saturday, December 13, 2008

My thoughts of the day...


First of all, to anyone who cares... All is right in the world again :) Charles and Lisa's neighborhood have decided that there is a significant need for a Santa visit, so there will be a Breakfast with Santa at the ward. Whew, we can all sleep at night again.

Secondly, I came to the silent decision today that I am growing out my hair long long again. Right now it's rests on my shoulders. Dane really only likes it when it is short, but I like it long and I LOVED my long hair when I was thin.

  I have now lost half of my weight that I gained since we got married and the whole ovary mess and it's been a dang long road. I have definitely plateaued but need something to motivate me so I have decided that by the time my hair grows out to where it was when we got married I will have lost the rest of the weight or at least thats my plan. This is a picture of my hair long, too bad I wasn't looking at the camera.

Lastly, have any of you read the book 'The Color Code' ? When I started classes at UVSC before it was UVU it was required reading for all transfer students. There is a personality test in the middle of it that you try to answer, not how you currently would respond but what how you would have responded or behaved when you were a child. By your answers to the 45 questions it will categorize you as Red, Blue, White, and Yellow. Some people will be a primarily a combo of two colors. Well Dane has heard my dad and I talk about it, so he wanted to take the test and read the book one day. I find it fascinating at so far completely accurate. Dane was a White/Yellow and I was a Red/Blue. I guess it's true, what they say about opposites attracting.  Has anyone else taken the quiz? I would live to hear what you were, Please feel free to post! If you would like to take it and don't have the book, post to me and if you have a fax I will fax it over if not, I will get around to scanning  copy and email it to you :) You can take it for free online at www.colorcode.com/free_personality_test/ but be advised that it will only show your predominate color, so if you have a close second color they try to get you to upgrade to a paid for test result. If you want to score it your self, I would be happy to email anyone the Key. 

6 comments:

wilywoman said...

I'm a white/blue, which makes sense that I'm partly like you and partly like Dane. I will trade hair with you. I'm ready for a chop, and wondering how short I could actually pull off. And could I have fourteen inches? Hmmm. Maybe you could remind me of your locks of love experience?
I'll keep checking for updates on the house and the plan for January - I've got my fingers crossed.

Unknown said...

I love the color code!! I am blue/yellow. Oh by the way, the photographer that took nolans pictures was actually my neighbors sister who was in town. She lives in Idaho. If you want more info I can get it for you but she isn't loco. Hope all is well. Hope you had a good christmas

Unknown said...

opps, this is Leslie...i must be signed onto my husbands profile :)

Jen and Rob said...

I read the book with Jonny Mac and he's pink. He won't tell, but it's true.
-Rob

Laura said...

I'm blue/yellow. Andy is red/blue, I think. I like your hair both ways by the way. Happy New Year!

Amy and Dane said...

I can definitely see Jen as a White/Blue and Laura as a blue/yellow but I am surprised by your blue/ yellow Les. I would have thought you would be a yellow/white. Fun stuff!