Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh the places we could blog...

Although a few posts ago, I vowed to blog more often it hasn't happened that way.  I think from now on I will just plan to post about a month after events take place :)  To lower my own expectations for this extracurricular activity I will strive to under promise, and hopefully over deliver. I actually have a lot to blog about, but instead of doing one giant blog update I am opting to do several small ones.  Also I am trying to define the lines of my blog,  Is it a journal for random thoughts & feelings? A calendar of events? Pictures and memories? -Any thoughts?

 I sometimes see people only posting perfect pictures of the perfectly orchestrated events in their (perfectly seeming) lives and I don't want our family blog to be like that. In our home thats not reality. We have trials, experiences, and triumphs and I think that posting about all areas of our life can help us learn from those who are close to us that are willing to share about their similar experiences and occasionally offer up encouragement.  I also don't feel it should be a daily journal because this isn't the right place for that. In fact one of my resolutions that I am still trying to follow through with is to get a livejournal.com account (which I did, Go me!) and try to write in it once a week.   For the past thirteen years my friend Stephanie has always been an amazing example of journaling and this year I hope to follow that example and consistently write in a journal, just not on our blog.  Let the mini posts begin!

3 comments:

~H said...

ok... this will not do! we need to see you before you leave! :) We miss you guys! What are you doing on Saturday!? :)
We should play we will be down in Salt Lake Area! That's way closer then Logan! :)

Vikki Miller said...

I've had my livejournal since 2003 I think, and I love it. Sometimes I will have months where I write nothing, and there are days when I post 6 blogs at a time. My livejournal gets everything on it, every post from every other blog goes on LJ.

My other blogs are strewn across Myspace (which is usually a day to day blog of thoughts and my life) and then I have several blogger blogs, one for my design essays, one for art, one for research, one that a friend asked me to contribute to, one for my plastic donkey and pig, one for travel specific blogs. Kind of crazy... it just keeps them organised, but Live Journal gets all the posts for all those blogs regardless. I love my live journal, it's true.

I think blogs should be a tool to vent though, just write whatever comes to your head and then judge if you really want to make it public or private. Let the fingers do the talking :)

xxx

Amy and Dane said...

Vicki, you are going to have to school me in LJ, how do you connect your other blogs to it, so they all post there? I am definitely interested. I think you should come back from LA and stay in Utah and while longer so we can get some proper cookies from Dough Girl and you can teach me the L.J. ropes. :)