Saturday, November 28, 2009

October Sky

Dane and I spent all of October trying to come up with a good theme for our H-ween costumes. But to no avail. In the end we decided we could never beat our awesome costumes from last year ( Click here to see 2008 Halloween ) ,  and there was nothing obscure or controversial to be. Well actually there was but it didn't come together in time so it must not have been meant to be. Danes friend Jon was coming into town and is mildly obsessed with Michael Jackson, and we decided as a tribute the only right way to honor his life would be if Jon would be the man, the myth, the legend himself especially since he has the perfect physique for it, Dane would be Bubbles the monkey and I (with the aid of a cardboard face cutout) would be Macaulay Culkin. Unfortunately, Jon's trip just missed Halloween and in the end we were lame and did not dress up. I mean who wants to see a big monkey and the kid from home alone walking around, right? Super scary. Shame shame shame, I know. Here are our alternatives...boo.

Also this October we:

Went went to the Stratford neighborhood fair where we ate all sorts of great junk like cotton candy...

Dwight and I went out to Thai with our old work friend Laura whom we haven't seen forever since we all quit. It was fun to catch up and we need to get together more... (hint, hint)





Oma came into town for a quick visit and Harrison got his t-ball team trophy. He was so proud of it and I think I heard he even slept with it a few times. Oh what a treasure ;)





Laura had a birthday and so she and Chris went to Cali for some much needed R & R. We watched the boys and took them to the Quilted Bear and let them pick out there own gifts for their mom. I can't remember what Carter picked now but Harrison found this Jingle Bell that had been painted and modified into a turkey... It was pretty sweet ;) He called it mom's chicken bell. Love It!

Also while Chris and Laura were out of town, we got to take the boys to the annual neighborhood Trick or Trunking event. Harrison was Dex and Carter was Cleavis an obscure super hero duo from one of their favorite children's books 'Dex, the Heart of a Hero'.  And yes we did have to take the book with us so when people asked who they were, it would make sense :)





And here Harrison is lining up his loot, counting it and sorting it meticulously... OCD on the rise?? No this actually runs in the Thomas blood line, my favorite thing to do after trick or treating when I was a kid was also to count and sort my candy in as many ways as I could think of. This also gave me the advantage I needed to ration out my candy and wait for numerous fast sundays to strike so I could sell my candy to hungry siblings (at a premium price, I might add) who ate all there H-ween candy the week of. 

We had our first snow of the year and Wrigley and Dane had to go outside and play in it immediately(click on the picture to actually see the snow, no I am not crazy). Later here is the view from Dane's work at the U along with the leafy snow man the boys built the next day.





October was simple and excellent.

3 comments:

Kiersten said...

When I saw you in your banana suit Dane, this is the first thing I thought of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St_RkB7Q0zk . Visit the site. I hope you did a dance just as good.

scrilla said...

What would we do without you guys! October was indeed an excellent month...:)

Jen and Rob said...

kevin mccallister...the father.