Friday, August 7, 2009

July 2009- Happy 4th & 24th!





We had a blast BBQing and watching fireworks at Uncle Jay's house the night before the Fourth, which is when his neighborhoods celebrates the big holiday. The BBQ had quite the spread and the firework show was one of the best I have ever seen and people were flocking from all around to come and see it. It was nice to see everyone from that part of the family and also for me to meet one of Dane's favorite cousins Andy, his wife Jan, and their cute family. We had such a great time with them and I really enjoyed getting to know them and I look forward to a trip out to Minnesota to visit them! The next morning all of his cousins invited us to hike to the Timpanogos Caves with them, which we did impressively fast. We did it so fast that Dane got a little altitude sickness and so by the time our group tour was to begin, Dane and I had to step out of the cave and get down the mountain a little ways. It was nice though and we definitely enjoyed the beauty of the outdoors while we took our time comeing down. After the hike James and Jennifer graciously hosted an impressive impromptu lunch for about 30 people. Jennifer is always so organized and on top of it. She is one women who truly impresses me and I hope to be as good of a mom as she is. We are also so grateful to have grown close to Jay and Kathryn this year and we love them and their entire family for always being so welcoming and loving to us. 

Later that evening we went up to Salt Lake and watched fireworks at Sugarhouse park with my mom, Karl, and Tia who were in town and we also tried to meet up with Jon and Vikki at the park.





We rounded out the holiday weekend with a trip to the Alpine Slide up in Park City, which I had only done one other time ever and it was nice. Next time I think I will opt for the new zip line instead though.

We also hit up yet another Bee's game to hang out with Jon before he moved back to Sacramento the next day. (I love this picture of Harrision clapping and cheering; he is at such a cute age!)

July was also filled with a few games of Settlers, check out the sweet castle Chris built before Laura knocked it down, I think she was mad that I was winning? :)   


And on Pioneer day we met up with Chris and Laura in Provo at the park where the city of Provo was putting on a special pioneer village which was actually pretty cool especially for the kids. We then went up to Sundance, where I had never been, and had a yummy brunch... Right Laura? :) .  All in all, good times.









1 comment:

scrilla said...

Right, right, on all of it! Good to see you're on a blogging run! More, more more!