Things we did this spring:
We also had a fun Sunday in May where we were able to go up to Logan, Utah for Bryan & Helga's baby blessing of the beautiful Makyla. Although I don't have the pics yet of all of us at the beautiful and delicious picnic lunch afterwards, I did happen to snap a picture of the Logan Temple as we toured the city. We always love visiting the Laings and love them very much!
Also in May my lovely sister Natalee turned the big 3-0! So we decided on her birthday to go do indoor skydiving at the iFly center in Ogden. I'm sure she would have much rather done the real thing (and has since) but I am way too much of a chicken. I have video of this and seriously considered posting it, but I won't due to the fact that I looked like a wet cat thrown in a river. Seriously picture that right now and then picture me flailing in a 100mph wind tunnel. Also a contributing factor, during my first flight my flight suit ripped off of me due to the fact that I apparently didn't realize that the zipper underneath all of the velcro was not zipped. This was terribly embarrassing, good thing we tipped the instructors well :) It was quite exhilarating and I would do it again but I'm still not convinced I could jump out of a plane. Our instructors were extremely talented and could do amazing tricks though.
We also spent many a spring evenings attending Harrison's soccer games. He may have only been barely three years old but this kid can tackle! Oh wait your not supposed to tackle in soccer?? Shoot. Here he is being the goalie at his very first game. Chris did a wonderful job coaching him from the sidelines and bribing him with slurpees. Hey it worked!
Jon, Vikki, Dane, and I also spent some lazy weekends messing with our friend Dan. We decided that out of sheer boredom that we would create an LDSsingles.com account for him. We answered all the questions to the best of our ability the way that he would and posted some of his pictures from facebook like this one below. Well after about two weeks of this fun, we screened numerous lovely ladies and set up 9 (count them NINE) dates with truly eligible bachelorettes over the next nine days for the shy Dan. Needless to say as soon as we told him about and showed him his sweet online profile, he canceled his dates and deleted his account... bummer. We did have about a thousand laughs doing it and enjoyed it while it lasted. After that was done, the four of us decided to take up tennis and we played doubles multiple times a week. We also had a lot of fun one sunday going up American Fork canyon and cooking tinfoil dinners and smores. Unfortunately for us about five minutes after we got there, a light drizzle ensued and we realized we had not only no kindling or timber that wasn't wet, but also a lighter that was almost out of fluid. After about a half hour of the boys trying to start a fire, Vikki and I (with the assistance of a notebook and matches... okay and firewood all from the really nice family at the next campfire over who felt sorry for us) were able to show those manly men of ours up and we started a roaring fire. We miss all of our fun times with Jon & Vikki and can't wait for them both to move here again someday soon!
The last notable thing this spring was our trip to Ephriam on Memorial Day. Part of Dane's family is from there and his ninety nine year old G-ma still owns their original home out there. We went out to the cemetery and trimmed and cleaned all the various family tombstones and decorated. We also got to drive around and Dane would reminisce about trips to see Grandma from his childhood. We even went by the house, what a nostalgic home that can literally take you back in time fifty years. Our quick trip to Ephriam, Utah was a nice way to remember our family on Memorial Day who have gone before us. 


2 comments:
You guys do a lot of things! I don't know what's up with us. We're either lazy or cheap or both or something else! I'm glad you guys make and spend time DOING things! :)
We love you guys too! Thank you so much for coming up! It was such a wonderful day for us thanks to all of you loving supporting wonderful people! :) We miss you guys and would love to get together again!
It looks like you have all been having a blast!!
Post a Comment