This year Thanksgiving was planned to be at my brother and sister in law's house but due to family circumstances a week before, the big feast was moved down to AF and I was hosting. Yikes! Well we decided to try and simplify as much as possible so we ordered a scrumptious smoked turkey (whole bird) so all I would have to do is warm it up. Also my sister and I committed to making every single recipe Gluten Free and homemade so that Dane was able to have a really good thanksgiving. Our menu included: Smoked Turkey, GF Gravy, GF Stuffing, GF Cornbread with honey butter, GF Green Bean Casserole, GF Funeral Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes (naturally gluten free, yay!), Pomegranate and Pistachio Salad, GF Pumpkin Crumble, and GF chocolate cupcakes. We were happy to have my dad and Jeremy in town to join us as well! All the food tasted great and I learned a valuable lesson... a quadruple batch of funeral potatoes in one giant pan need more than 2.5 hours @ 250 to cook while I'm also warming the big brid. Can anyone say cold and soupy? Thank goodness for microwaves as a last choice quick fix :) We had a great meal and went to see the movie Four Christmases later that night, which we highly recommend. Earlier in the day we had the opportunity to go up to Dane's Aunt's house and loved visiting with Grandma Chris, Brent and Nedra, Gary and Marci and their adorable kids. Yet another time I wish I would have thought to take pictures. On the way home from Aunt Nedra's we experienced a "Thanksgiving Miracle" - I say this jokingly due to the fact that I was startled to see a 10 year old speeding and driving a giant black truck only to do a double take and realize it was Gary Coleman... Ha. The only pictures that I have from Thanksgiving is of the dinner table before all the food was even on there.
Truly Dane and I are so Thankful for many things are love that we have this time of year to express a few of them:

3 comments:
first of all you are such a sweet wife! That sounds like it was a lot of work but turned out devine! I am sure Dane is grateful for your love and hardwork! It wall looked delicious!
secondly... you were right! Way to go! I am calling you from now on when I am pregnant to find out what I am having! Who needs ultrasounds... :O) lol We are so exctied to see you on Friday! You guys are adorable! I don't know how you came to the profile conclusion, maybe because I never see my own profile... but thanks! It made my day!
Are you feeling better? Hows your baby, is he still throwing up?
Sounds and looked delicious :) I am very impressed that you made everything gluten free. I have yet to host a thanksgiving at my house...to be honest it kinda scares me :) good job! Hope all is well
am i 3 of 4? i'm pretty sure i was adopted by you guys at one point, somewhere along the way
-rob
Post a Comment