I feel so Behind! November must have been the busiest month in the History of Dane and Amy. Today (which is now a few days ago) is the first day I have had to do something completely for me, plus I am home sick so that always helps. Between preparing for the move, Thanksgiving, a funeral, and many opportunities to have fun with our friends and family- we are spent! Let the update begin.
At the beginning of this month we met up with Bryan & Helga, Bubba & Jess for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory in SLC. You would think that since it has been open a whole year now that the wait time wouldn't be too bad. Needless to say they quoted us a 2 to 2 1/2 hour wait time and due to the overwhelming desire to eat only there we actually waited! We had a blast catching up on each others lives while waiting under the heat lamps and loved seeing everyone, it was a treat.
We also filled our autumn days with a tour at an animation studio that one of Dane's best friends works at and had the chance to see the original Jack from 'Nightmare Before Christmas' and Victor from 'Corpse Bride'. It was exciting to see all of the characters he has created come to life for the next movie they are working on as well. Can't wait to see it in the theaters in 2010!

I also decided to stayed up one day until 5am preparing to Digitize over 2500- 35mm film strips of photos from my teen years through about the time Dane and I got engaged (and also my college photography classes). This is something that I had been wanting for quite some time now. They are officially Done, Huzzah!
Our good friend Jen Mo came into town and we had lunch with our long lost friend Jeff Shew, it was so nice to see them both and we loved every minute of our sushi lunch at my favorite place, Tsunami. Delish!
This was the first year that we did not participate in Black Friday festivities. There were a few reasons for this, #1 Like my last blog entry simply states, if you don't have extra money to spend, don't spend it. Plus what do we really "need"? #2 We are moving and do I really want to haul more stuff across the country? #3 Dane and I sat down for an hour or so going through the Ads and for a country that is in a recession forcing hundreds of retails stores to go out of business, I expected bigger discounts and better things on sale. Not Impressed! Hopefully next year will be better.
Whew, that was a lot. This month I vow to blog more frequently as to avoid the information throw up! I also hope to take a real camera around with me verses the low quality cell phone pics and have something more interesting to blog about :)

7 comments:
I will definitely put a plug in for your gorgeous home! I wish we could moved down there! I would love to live there!
That sounds great! So that would put you guys here around 5 or 5:30 right? We are excited to see you guys! :)
ooopppsss sorry it's me! :)
WooT! I made the blog!
It sure is fun to read about your crazywildness!
sounds crazy busy! So I am curious how you are digitizing your old photos? Scanning them? That is a great idea...can you scan negatives?
Hey Amy! Looks like you guys had a fun holiday... we're bummed we probably won't see you over Christmas. If you do make it into Fresno, let us know, we'll be there for a couple of weeks.
Sounds like you guys have been busy! I can't believe you are leaving us so soon. When are we going to hang out before you go??
Hey, I miss Dwight's waffle breakfasts!
Post a Comment