Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September Air reminds me of...








I decided to blog again today. I am sick with the flu and strep and generally when I am sick, I blog. Anyways...   Anyone who knows me, knows that my favorite season by far is Fall and it all starts in September. The weather is perfect, warm and overcast sometimes and then there are those many days where you wake up to the sound of falling rain which is by far my favorite thing in the world.







Robbie, Jen, and their adorable boys came into town for a few days and we were lucky enough to get to spend some time with them. We absolutely love them and love visiting with them even more whether it's in Seattle or Salt Lake. One of the days they were here we went up to Sundance for lunch, then we drove along the Alpine loop and saw all the changing leaves and went to Aspen Springs and walked down to the water to soak in some nature. I have to admit I got a bit nervous when Robby was dangling Hazen over the rushing water but he loved it. We then took a highly questionable dirt mountain road from American Fork canyon over to Midway for some shakes at Dairy Keen. Later in the week they also introduced me to Frisbee Golf. Dane had to work so Robby's cousin Dan (whom we also adore) stepped in to play with us. We got caught in a bit of rain and some massive wind but when it cleared there were three of the brightest rainbows in the sky. That combined with Jen's ponytail and striped shirt made her look just like Rainbow Bright, I loved it! Robby and Dan also made up some games on the playground at the park that was some sort of King of the Mountain game combined with a giant spinning wheel. I'm still surprised that we didn't end up at the hospital that night ;) We met up with Daners after for a little Noodles and Co. We loved having them back in Utah and look forward to seeing them again soon. PS Ladies, Dan in Single and just moved to SLC.




We also enjoyed a few evenings watching some Utah football games at Rice Eccles Stadium and running around with the boys at the top of the stadium during half time. Carter thought that wearing my sunglasses was the coolest thing ever. Thanks for sharing your seats with us Chris! 





We attended many of big boy Harrison's Little League games. This year he was on the White Sox team (to Chris' dismay). Maybe next year he will get lucky and be on the Cubs. Carter took some of his very first steps while watching big brother play and Harrison had a blast playing with kids his own size since the team he was on was a 3-5 year old team and he was the only 3 year old. He also had the re-occuring problem from soccer of tackling other kids which was really funny (See picture). Father/Son teaching moment brought to you by The Intrepid Agency.




BFF Stephanie came into town to celebrate her little girls 1st birthday and after the party we had a blast just the two of us driving around for 3 hours talking, eating rio, and ended up at the Garden Park ward  and decided to take a few cute pictures with my point and shoot of Maddie on her big day. These are a few of my favorites. September was eventful and the distraction of being busy was incredibly nice. Looking back I loved September, it was maybe my favorite month all year long.

4 comments:

~H said...

AMY!!!!

We miss you guys soooo much! I have been thinking of you a TON! I hope you guys are doing well! We sure love you guys! We need to get together!

You and Dane are looking AMAZING! ohhh.... *tear* we really need to play!

scrilla said...

Such great pictures! We'll have to do a picture swap again one of these days!

Jen and Rob said...

Cute blog! Those Pollard's, so adorable;) I must say Amy...when I saw that picture of you and Dane I was like "Hello skinny girl!" You look Soooooo Gooooood.

Amy and Dane said...

Oh you guys, you know how to make a girl blush! I'm pretty sure it was the outfit but thanks.